Although most Christian schools would agree on certain fundamentals, it is imperative that parents scrutinize the foundational beliefs of any school in which they may enroll their child(ren). Therefore, below are the most important philosophical elements that we at Logos Christian Academy believe distinguish our approach to education.
1. We believe that the Bible clearly instructsparents, not the Church or State, to “bring children up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” The Church’s commission is essentially to spread the Gospel and train believers (Matt.28:18-20). The State has been directed to enforce God’s laws and protect the innocent (Romans 13). The Church trains parents and the State protects families. The Family raises and educates children (Eph.6:1-4). Therefore, we seek to teach and discipline in a manner consistent with the Bible and a godly home environment.
2. We believe that God’s character is revealed not only in His Word, but also in every facet of the creation. Therefore, we teach that all knowledge is interrelated and can instruct us about God Himself.
3. God wants us to love Him with our minds, as well as with our hearts, souls, and strength (Matt. 22:37). Therefore we seek to individually challenge children at all levels and teach them how to learn, by using the centuries-old, proven classical method (see Goals), incorporating instruction in Latin.
4. We want to help parents teach their children that all they do should be done “heartily, as unto the Lord.” Therefore, we seek to encourage quality academic work and maintain high standards of conduct. This includes biblical discipline principles.
5. We seek to have a full preschool-8th grade program because we believe that as long as a child is under the parents’ authority and undergoing formal education, he should be trained biblically (Deut. 6:6,7; Prov. 22:6).
Above all, parents can be confident that their student, at every stage of his development in school, will be loved with Christ’s love in Logos Christian Academy.