Logos Christian Academy Update
“A Classical and Christ-Centered Education”
January 18, 2019
“Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” Psalm 62:8
Thoughts from the Headmaster
Did you know…
- Children need a minimum of 8 touches during a day to feel connected to a parent. If they’re going through a particularly challenging time, it’s a minimum of 12 a day. It could be as simple as the straightening of a collar, a pat on the shoulder, or a simple hug.
- Each day, children need one meaningful eye-to-eye conversation with a parent. It is especially important for babies to have that eye contact, but children of all ages need you to slow down and look them in the eyes.
- There are 9 minutes during the day that have the greatest impact on a child.
- The first 3 minutes right after they wake up
- The 3 minutes after they come home from school
- The last 3 minutes of the day before they go to bed
Praying that you will have these special moments with your children. Know that our staff loves and values each one of our students and appreciate all you do for them.
Please Note: There will be no school on Monday due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
Join us today at 2:15 for a Chapel – our 3rd-8th grade Latin students will be performing a song in Latin and we will be learning about the Beatitudes. The next chapel will be on February 1st – we will be awarding students who placed in 1st-3rd place in the Spelling Bee and Math Olympics. Parents of winners will be notified ahead of time so you can join us!
2nd Quarter Report Cards
Second quarter report cards were sent home with students on Wednesday. Please sign the envelope and return the envelope only to your child’s teacher this next week. This helps to verify that you received it.
We will be celebrating National School Choice Week along with other private and charter schools next week. This is an opportunity to express our appreciation for the opportunity and freedom we have to choose a Christian private school education.
Please consider volunteering to help us out 2nd semester for yard duty. See the flyer coming home today with specific areas of need and take a moment to consider filling it out.
Latin Club Update
We had several students who did not stay for Latin Club this week. If your child is a “regular attender”, please let Ms. Taylor know if your child isn’t attending on any given day as she prepares for them individually. You can contact her at email@example.com
Good News After School Club
We are in the process of coordinating with Child Evangelism Fellowship to offer a weekly after school program called Good News Club! It will offer Bible stories, crafts, snacks, and songs. Stay tuned for more information on day, time, and sign up information!
Rau Bee Honey Fundraiser
Thank you to all of those who placed their first order for our Rau Bee Honey Fundraiser. Your orders will be available in the office next Wednesday. This fundraiser is on-going. If you need another order form, stop by the office or ask Mrs. Mitchell to send you one.
Auction Dinner… Please return your guest list to school by next Friday, January 25th. This is important information for us to know who to invite to our upcoming Auction Dinner on March 23rd. We need your input this week!
Box Tops… Box Top Challenge… The race is on! Classes are competing for the grand prize of a Pizza Party! Standing right now is: K – 263, 1st – 148, 2nd/3rd – 46, 4th/5th – 134, 6-8th – 39. Last day is February 15th. Please check to make sure they aren’t expired. Watch for the progress of each class on our Race Car poster in front of the office. All proceeds will be used to purchase books and supplies for our wonderful library.
Yearbook Prices Go Up 2/1/19… Don’t miss out! Last day to get the $25 discounted price is January 31st. Prices will go up to $30 beginning 2/1/19. You may also order online at https://ybpay.lifetouch.com (utilize Yearbook ID: 127504190.
Calendar of Events
- 1/21 – School Holiday – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 1/24 – Intruder Alert Drill
- 1/28 – Board Meeting
- 2/1 – Awards Chapel – honoring Spelling Bee and Math Olympics Champs
- 2/8 – Mid Quarter (3rd Quarter)